MENAR Fellowship Program 2018-2019 Application
About the fellowship: Current college seniors and recent graduates are eligible to apply. The fellows will work with one of our partner organizations and will receive a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
The following fellowship positions will be offered during the 2018-2019 cycle:
- Programs and Administration Fellow - Collateral Repair Project - Amman, Jordan
- Policy and Research Fellow - Social and Economic Survey Research Institute (SESRI) - Doha, Qatar
- Product Manager - Bayt.com - Amman, Jordan
- Associate Sales & Marketing Manager - Experience Morocco - Casablanca, Morocco
- Classroom Teacher - Elm International School - Alexandria, Egypt
- English Teacher - ClubAnglais - Tunis, Tunisia
- English and Arabic Teaching Assistant - Eastern Mediterranean International School (EMIS) - Tel Aviv, Israel
- Civic Engagement Center Coordinator - Cosmos Organization - Tunis, Tunisia
How to apply:
- Fill out the application form (including short essay questions) available here
- Email your resume to email@example.com, using the subject line "[FIRST AND LAST NAME] - MENAR Resume Drop"
- Submit a $25 application fee to MENAR using the PayPal "Donate" button directly below (please include your full name in the "Note" field within the PayPal payment)
The application deadline is December 15, 2017 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. No late applications will be accepted. We will contact selected applicants for interviews in mid/late January.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the start date and duration of a fellowship placement?
Fellowship start dates are negotiable between June and September 2018, based on agreement between the fellow, MENAR, and the host organization. All fellows must complete a full 12 months in their fellowship position after their start date.
Am I eligible to apply?
Our fellowship is open to current seniors in college (graduating spring 2018) and recent graduates (anywhere up to 2-4 years of post-college experience is fine, although most of our posts are intended to be entry-level). The program is open to applicants of all nationalities; the only requirement is having graduated from a U.S. college or university.
What do fellows get paid?
All fellows receive a monthly stipend from their host organization that is meant to cover local living expenses (houses, utilities, transport, and food). The amount varies depending on the organization and the location (based on local cost-of-living). Fellows are expected to cover their own airfare to/from the placement country, health insurance (typically available through your parents' plan), and visa application fees. Details of stipend arrangements will be discussed during interviews, if you are selected.
Can I apply for multiple positions?
Yes, you may indicate your interest in as many of our advertised fellowship positions as you like (provided you meet the requirements listed in the job description). Please read the instructions on the specific application essay questions regarding where you should respond with information tailored to each of your positions of interest. You should only submit one application (with all essays included) and you only need to pay the application fee once.
Do I need to speak Arabic?
Not necessarily. Each position has a different requirement regarding language skills -- some require conversational skills, others require fluency, while others do not require any Arabic ability at all -- so please check the position descriptions for details. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact MENAR.
Can I talk to a current fellow about their experiences?
In order to avoid swamping our fellows with requests, please refrain from contacting them until you have been selected for an interview. At that point, MENAR will connect finalist candidates with current fellows to set up an email or Skype discussion.
When will I hear back about my application?
The application deadline is December 15. We will contact selected applicants for interviews in mid/late January.